Thursday, July 2, 2009

My Sanford Soap Box

I've been thinking about this post since Sanford began coming out about his affair. Even more so since he began talking about the unnamed women in the past that he "crossed lines" before but never really cheated until his most recent affair, which apparently has been going on for years.

Come on!

I believe that, when you are in a relationship, when you "cross lines," you are cheating. I mean, duh! Now maybe for the two of you, whoever you are, the line is in a different place than it is for the two of us. It's your line and I don't really care where it is. It may be if you actually have "sex" with someone else*; it might be when you dance or flirt or have dinner or wherever. The point is when you cross the line, you are violating your commitment. Own up to it and fix it or leave. But don't try to move the line post hoc or pretend it doesn't exist.

Off my soapbox.

* Apparently Americans (and Europeans) don't quite agree on what "sex" is either.

No comments:

Post a Comment