Friday, June 19, 2009

Here Comes the Sun (for a minute)

A few days ago, I listened to two older women talking while waiting for the train. They were complaining about the weather. The essence of the complaints was that it had done nothing but rain for as long as they could remember.

Apparently they had very short memories. In fact, that same day I had sat outside and enjoyed my lunch in the sun! Sure, a thunderstorm cropped up in the afternoon but it seems that (with the exception of yesterday) we have had decent weather, albeit punctuated by some pretty nifty storms.

We even had cool hail as I rode home on the train. I guess it was cool because I was on the train and not out in it - but . . . And all the precipitation stopped by the time I got to my station.

I guess I could complain about the weather too. Like the NY Times did this week. But why bother. Instead, I plan to continue enjoying warmth of the sun and the drama of the afternoon storms. It's summer in the Northeast. What do you expect?

No comments:

Post a Comment